This cyber-place is our response to the damaging beliefs and behaviours associated with the patriarchal systems that dominate our world’s governments, economies, cultures and religions. As such, the purpose of our initiative is underpinned by two core beliefs:
- That Earth’s greatest source of renewable energy is the untapped potential of a billion daughters, sisters, mothers and grandmothers.
- That a critical pre-requisite for changing patriarchal systems is to strengthen the support of women who are currently disengaged from efforts to improve the state of our world. To avoid feelings of guilt, depression or sheer overwhelm, many people – men and women – disregard messages highlighting looming social, economic or environmental crises.
We have several primary aims:
- To increase the number of women in the world who possess a specific, contemporary form of wisdom.
- To help women boost their ability to influence others regarding all those too-hard-basket problems that are complex, sensitive and divisive.
- To reach out to disengaged women, with the intention of replacing apathy, fear and paralysis with an attitude of hope, commitment and determination
Another major goal is to unite girls and women around three key messages:
Enough is enough
You are not alone; we will all support each other
We are the ones we’ve been waiting for
So how do we start heading in that direction? Our plans include the following:
Provide educational materials for those changemakers who wish to increase their expertise in the areas of influence and communication.
Freely share exactly what is working when trying to influence all types of people and organisations to move towards sustainable business, lifestyle and cultural practices. We focus on techniques of communication and influence that genuinely shift thinking and inspire action in the areas of human rights, social justice and environmental sustainability.
We place a strong emphasis on the use of non-linear, highly creative and artistic forms of communication, in order to:
develop deeper connection and convey greater meaning
transcend language and cultural barriers
differentiate it from the bland approach that characterises much academic, bureaucratic and corporate communication
Both conceptually and stylistically, it’s about flow rather than flow charts, connections rather than categories, and stories rather than statistics. Connecting head and heart is paramount.
In striving for this goal, we have another aim: to create an independent, highly influential, online/offline organisation around a core group of Wise Women. The sole purpose of this group is to serve as a catalyst, awakening other women to the need to boost their own wisdom attributes, and to support each other far more than we’ve seen in recent history.
The most powerful group of Wise Women will be drawn from global diaspora communities. Collectively, these communities have been the sleeping giant of social change, but are now poised to play a critical, unique role in:
- merging the developed and less developed worlds
- softening the divide between diverse religious and ethnic groups